I am a highly creative person with extensive experience in graphic and web design including on and offline marketing. I have a working visa for Canada for 2 years and plan on applying for permanent residency early 2017. I am now working in Toronto where I am using my experience to make an impact and to develop my skills further.
Aug 2008 – Current In Graphic Detail / MadeByMike
Freelance Graphic Designer
- In the past I have worked with high profile clients such as Reebok, Heinz Foods, Toronto International Film Festival, JustEat and the Champion sports brand.
- I produce graphic files for print and web as well as design, build, maintain and update client web sites.
- Create and develop concepts for new personal projects and initiatives.
- Produce materials and communications such as; logos, signs, posters, pocket cards, invitations, marketing materials, advertisements, newsletters, promotional incentives, business cards and web sites.
Jan 2016 - Current HomeLife Marquis Real Estate, Brokerage
- Design a large variety of real estate property marketing activities, including realtor branding, ads, brochure development, flyers/e-flyers, invitations, announcements, marketing items (boards, promotional items, signage, etc.) and special projects.
- Design customised communications per office and client’s needs, including new graphical elements that visually capture a given message.
- Utilise Photoshop to enhance photographs from anything to realtors images to properties.
- Uphold and strive to innovate within brand standard guidelines.
- Oversees production of print jobs and presentations to ensure deadlines are met.
Jan 2015 – Oct 2015 Saville Products
- Development of marketing, communication and promotional material including seasonal sales and events.
- Editing all marketing communication material and messages fore-commerce website and warehouse department.
- Drive online weekly promotions from conception to completion. Provide reporting, suggestions and feedback.
- Assist with the development of marketing concepts and communication. Provide input, industry examples, potential strengths and opportunities targeting a specific audience.
- Complete copywriting, editing and proofreading of all marketing messages and material.
- Assist with the management of the in-house customer database.
- Manage and maintain a product price-list and ensure supporting documents are supplied to our customers, sales and warehouse departments.
Jan 2014 - Oct 2014 Campus Living Villages
Digital Marketing Manager
- Developed the digital side of the marketing plan including online and offline programs and initiatives.
- Using my graphic design background I coordinated and developed Village print communication and promotional materials for use around campuses and halls of residence.
- Develop and supported new marketing technologies and digital strategies.
- Reported on the performance of online marketing campaigns such as SEO, analytics and engagement levels.
- Supported the creation and updates of new village websites.
- Produced internal communication materials that support the brand and were consistent with company guidelines.
Aug 2011 – Apr 2013 alldayPA
Senior Marketing Executive
- I facilitated business development by providing tools for the business, using tactics such as; sales campaigns, email marketing, advertising, direct marketing, events, media relations, promotions and sponsorships.
- Using various CMS' I created, edited and maintained several of the company websites whilst producing marketing communications and accompanying stationery packages such as letterheads and business cards.
- I managed, enhanced and communicated the alldayPA brand internally and externally. I also was also responsible for brand strategy, media relations, and the design and development of communications material.
Education and Qualifications
2011 – 2012 Manchester University
CIM Marketing Diploma Level 6.
2004 – 2006 Manchester College of Arts & Technology
FdA - Graphic Design & Advertising.
Awards & Achievements
Astrobiology and SETI, University Of Edinburgh, UK via Coursera, 2016 (92.4%)
Psychology in Criminal Justice, University Of Queensland, Australia via EDX, 2016 (87.0%)
36 x (and counting) One Minute Brief winner for creative advertising.
Extensive MS Office skills including Word and Excel. Also experienced using a variety of web browsers, email software across both Windows and Mac OS and a wide range of design software including Adobe Creative Suite.
Interests and Hobbies
Keen interest in TV and film, true crime novels and socialising with friends and family. I also have a passion for travel which has enabled me to visit over 40 cities (and counting) across 3 continents. I also keep a very close eye on marketing trends and technological progressions.